Pages

April 16, 2010

It's Things With Wings This Week at The Beary Scrap.

There have been lots of wonderful projects this week from The Beary Scrap Design Team and it's my turn today. When we set up to do
"Things with Wings"
I was so excited. You have seen my blog and you know I love butterflies. I also have become a fan of easel cards, so why not combine the two. You can make just about design into an easel card. So I searched the internet for the perfect butterfly shape, and this is the shape I found. I just love it.
First I just want to send Kimm a big THANK YOU for creating these cool watermarks for our pictures.

I know that bears don't have wings but this little cutie has them. I made this little bear with an Acrylic Paper Piecing Pattern you can get from The Beary Scrap Store. When you there be sure to look over all the very pretty Mulberry Paper that's in the store. Kimm also has free eyes you can download along with a tutorial on making the bears on there own very special Tear Bear Blog.

My background paper is from Graphic 45 and I distressed the outside of the paper with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo. I added Stickles on the wings of the bear to make them sparkle.  The mini butterflies are punched out with a Martha Stewart punch and I added an oval pearl to their bodies. There are some very pretty Prima Pearl on the card and Kimm has then on order so look for them to be showing up in the store real soon. 
The hearts on the bottom of the card were cut out with Spellbinders and distressed. I added some pretty Prima Roses to the bottom and some more Prima Pearls.
When I was done with this card I just had to make a matching envelope. I used all the same products to make it match.
Front of envelope.
The back of the envelope I added a Prima Trellis Rose and the lid is held closed with a velcro disc.
Now when I made the card and envelope I didn't plan on the little bear peaking thru and sometimes the best things are not planed.
Thank you for looking and be sure to check back tomorrow on The Beary Scrap Design Team Blog to see Gini's Card and Tutorial.

 This card is entered into the following challenges:
Simon Says Challenge - Things with Wings

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh, This is wonderful. You are very creative and always thinking of new ideas. The matching envelope is also beautiful. Can't wait to see your next project. ~Chelsea

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the colours and sweet bear.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby