Pages

April 30, 2010

I got a very special Mother's Day gift this year.

The theme this week for The Beary Scrap Design Team Blog is Mother's Day

This year I got one of the best early Mother's Day Gifts ever.
My oldest son is currently serving in the US Army and was deployed on
December 18, 2009 (a day I will never forget) and was sent to Iraq. I received a phone call on Monday April 19 from a voice that I haven't heard in 4 months saying "I need a favor" well at first I had no clue who it was never expecting it to be my son, so silly me thought it was a wrong number so I played along. I said ok what, "I need you to pick me up at the airport" well it only took me about 10 seconds and took by breath away when I shouted "TJ" and he said "Yea" He was on his last connecting flight back to Connecticut and was going to be landing in about 3 hours. He had been traveling for 5 days on planes to get here to surprise me. He got his mid tour leave for 16 days to come home. He heads back on May 6 and won't be home again till December/January.

Here is a picture of him when we picked him up at the airport.
Doesn't he look so handsome in uniform.

Well that brings me to my inspiration for this weeks Mother's Day Card.

My card Recipe:
Background paper by: Jillibean
Army paper by K&Company
Magnolia Stamp: Rose Edwin colored with Copics
I used Bazzill In Stitchz to make my stiches
Brad from BoBunny and an Army charm.
Spellbinder: Labels one

I computer generated the inside label and also cut out with Spellbinders and used Distressed Ink Peeled Paint.

Well I'm off to enjoy the last few days I have with him home. I hope you enjoyed my little story and I wish every Army Mom and all other Mom's a very Happy Mothers Day.

And a very special Happy Mother's Day sent to My Mom in Heaven.

~Patricia~


2 comments:

Chelsea said...

He looks so very handsome in uniform! I'm so happy he is home with you for 16 days! Yeah! Enjoy every minute of it! Your card is perfect for this occasion. Very lovely. ~Chelsea

Elise said...

Hi Patricia! You already KNOW what I think of your card! :) I absolutely LOVE every aspect of it ... from the image, to the coloring, to the "meaning" of it. What a beautiful job! And yes! Your son is very handsome!
Big Hugs,
Elise