Pages

March 16, 2010

It's Spring Week at The Beary Scrap

I'm so glad the weather is finally warming up. We hope our spring week will help warm you up a little more as well.
For this week when I saw this cute little stamp online in The Beary Scrap I knew that I had to get it, and Flower Soft was written all over it.
She is Star Girl by Penny Johnson from the Stampavie Line.

I have been wanting to try something new, embossing on acetate. This was really fun to try and believe it or not this was my first time and it worked! The butterfly's were punched out with Martha Stewart punches. I also added some pretty flowers to the front of the card. The oval was cut out with Spellbinders. The paper is from Basic Grey Sugar Rush Licorice (on sale this week in the store). I also add pearls

 

Here is a closer look at how the stamped impression on the acetate looks. It's pretty easy to emboss on the acetate you just have to watch out how hot it gets and back off when it looks like it's going to melt. Then go back over it.


Here is what it looks like with a different color paper behind it so you can get a better look at it.


Here she is on the inside, the Flower Soft looks so pretty on her bouquet, I also added Stickles (on sale this week in the store) to the leaves and stars on her dress. She was colored with Copics and I also added glaze to the bow. I used the Copic blender marker to make the dots on her dress

I hope you liked my card and come back tomorrow to 
to see what else they have for you.

Patricia

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!